Boat Launch Process and Sticker Process Thomas Lakes is a private lake. To ensure our lake is protected from invasive species and to restrict lake access to only association members and their guests, the following process has been established (please read the whole process as some steps are time sensitive):
1. APPLY FOR STICKERS Current year lake stickers are required to be affixed to all motorized watercraft, including Boats, Pontoons, Jet skis, as well as recreational vehicles, including ATV/UTV and Golf Carts. Current year stickers are available for purchase for $15.00 after January 1st of each year. The fee for stickers purchased after March 15th will be $50.00. (Exception: the $15.00 fee will apply to watercraft or non-conventional vehicle(s) purchased by new property owners and/or newly purchased watercraft or non-conventional vehicle(s) by current property owners after the March 15th deadline). HOMEOWNERS' ACCOUNTS MUST BE CURRENT AND DUES PAID BEFORE STICKERS WILL BE ISSUED. *Allow 2 weeks for processing of Applications and Stickers
In order to receive stickers, the following documentation must be submitted electronically to: [email protected]. (Note: this is a unique email to be used for registration documents and sticker requests) Make sure you are not sending in expired documents. NOTE: YOU CAN USE A SINGLE FORM TO APPLY FOR ALL BOATS, UTVs, ATVs, AND GOLF CARTS.
Documentation must include: • VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION FORM Fill out form and sign. • COPY OF STATE REGISTRATION(S) Attach copies for all watercraft (must list homeowner as owner) • PROOF OF INSURANCE(S) PAPERWORK Attach copies (must list homeowner as insured) All ATV, UTV and Watercraft must be insured. The policy must clearly specify the watercraft Make/Model and show the term date/ expiration (you may have to contact your insurance provider to get additional documentation). Golf Carts do not require registration or proof of insurance. *Circle or highlight Expiration date of the policy and *Circle or highlight Make/Model of each watercraft being registered
2. AFFIX LOT ID STICKERS All Nebraska state law required boat numbers and stickers and Thomas Lakes identifying stickers should be on all vehicles. Your Thomas Lakes ID is the FIRST LETTER of your LAST NAME followed by 3 DIGITS of Thomas Lakes home ADDRESS. *Lake access will be denied if stickers are not on the watercraft(s).
3. ENSURE ALL ACCOUNTS ARE CURRENT Your account must be current (Annual dues paid) to register. You will not be allowed on the water if you are not current on all accounts.
4. HAVE A TETHER All watercraft, including new watercraft, must be out of any other waters and tethered for 10 days prior to entry into Thomas Lakes waters. This applies to NEW boats, pontoons, and jetski's (all Motorized Watercraft over 10hp). Tethers must remain intact from last year or you will need a new one and must wait 10 days. If you need a new tether send an email to [email protected]. to have one put on.
5. ENJOY YOUR TIME ON THE WATER Stay safe. Make sure to follow all applicable laws, rules and regulations. See the boat ramp schedule on the website for info about launching your watercraft. For more information about other lake rules and regulations (including Zebra Mussel Protocol) please read the Thomas Lakes Rules and Regulations.